Employee Benefit Plan Audits for Nonprofits
The standards and regulations surrounding employee benefit plans are complex and change frequently. At the same time, an inadequate, incomplete, or late audit report can result in penalties for your organization.
Even if an annual audit isn’t legally required for your employee benefit plan, it can be extremely beneficial. A high-quality employee benefit plan audit will:
- Provide assurance that your plan is in a sound position
- Give plan fiduciaries confidence in management and plan reporting
Our employee benefit plan audit services include:
- Audits of 401(k), 403(b), pension, and health and welfare plans subject to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) under the regulatory authority of the U.S. Department of Labor
- Audits of church, denominational, and other similar plans exempt from ERISA
- Preparation of IRS Form 5500, Form 8955-SSA, and summary annual reports
- Nondiscrimination testing
- Assistance with IRS audits of employee benefit plans
We also offer consulting services related to employee benefit plans, including compliance assessment.
Our dedicated team of employee benefit plan auditors is specifically trained to work with plans within nonprofit organizations.
Learn more about our nonprofit employee benefit plan experience and our commitment to providing you with audits that adhere to the highest standards in the industry.