Our Team and Nonprofit Expertise
Through national practice management and technology, we leverage people, expertise, and best practices from across the firm to meet the specific needs of each client we serve.
Because we only serve nonprofit organizations, we start with the advantage of already understanding the unique requirements and challenges in this industry.
Our Commitment to Serving the Nonprofit Community
The firm’s leaders, partners, and other team members regularly participate in national roles and events that impact our nation’s not-for-profit entities, and are or have been involved in industry groups such as:
- AICPA Not-for-Profit Entities Expert Panel and Guide Task Force
- AICPA National Not-for-Profit and Tech Conferences
- AICPA Not-for-Profit Audit Risk Alert Committee
- AICPA Not-for-Profit Advisory Council
- AICPA Technical Standards Enforcement Committee of the Ethics Division
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plans Audit Quality Center Executive Committee
- AICPA Alternative Investments Committee
- AICPA Net Asset Value Task Force
- AICPA Audits of Group Financial Statements Audit Risk Alert Task Force
- AICPA Gifts-in-Kind Task Force
- IRS Advisory Committee on Tax Exempt and Government Entities (ACT)
- FASB Not-for-Profit Financial Statement Project Group
- FASB Consolidations Task Force
- Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA)
- Christian Leadership Alliance (CLA)
- Association of Business Administrators of Christian Colleges (ABACC)
- Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE)
- Council of Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU)
- Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS)
- National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) Tax Forum
- NACUBO UBIT Conference
- MissioNexus Mission Leaders Conference
- Accord Network Gifts in Kind Standards and Summit
- Many other groups and state CPA societies
Our team members have also co-authored various publications, including:
- AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide – Not-for-Profit Organizations
- AICPA Not-for-Profit Entities Industry Developments Audit Risk Alerts
- AICPA Not-for-Profit Entities Accounting Trends & Techniques
- AICPA Not-for-Profit Entities Checklists & Illustrative Financial Statements
In addition, CapinCrouse partners regularly serve as board members of non-client organizations and institutions as well as higher education accreditation commission members. It’s part of our firm-wide commitment to service.
Learn more about our leadership.
Interested in joining our team? See how you can put your values to work!