Top Six August 2023 Announcements for Higher Education Institutions
Here is a summary of the top six August 2023 U.S. Department of Education (ED) announcements that apply to higher education institutions:print
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Simplification and FUTURE Acts
- FSA Electronic Announcement GEN-23-11, FAFSA Simplification Act Changes for Implementation in 2024-25 – This is a summary of changes to requirements under Title IV resulting from the FAFSA Simplification Act. These changes will become effective for the 2024-25 Award Year.
- FSA Electronic Announcement APP-23-08, 2024–25 FAFSA Form Preview Presentation – This is a PowerPoint presentation and PDF file with information about and screenshots of the 2024–25 online FAFSA form.
- FSA Electronic Announcement GENERAL-23-63, Key Terms, Definitions, and Systems Related to FAFSA Simplification and FUTURE Acts – This announcement details new terminology related to the full implementation of the FAFSA Simplification and FUTURE Acts. It also provides links to other FSA announcements on these acts, including the Draft 2024–25 FAFSA Specifications Guide (September 2023 Update).
- FSA Electronic Announcement GENERAL-23-65, 2023 Virtual Federal Student Aid Training Conference – The program information for the virtual Federal Student Aid Training Conference for financial aid professionals, which will be held November 28 – December 1, 2023, is now available.
- FSA Electronic Announcement ANN-23-02, Live Internet Webinars – Wednesday Webinar Series, Fall 2023 – This announcement details three upcoming two-hour webinars that will cover the most recent guidance related to a variety of topics, including Title IV policy and operational updates. These webinars will be held in September through November 2023. You can register on the FSA Training Center website through the “Upcoming Webinars” link.
- FSA Electronic Announcement CB-23-14, Fiscal Operations Report for 2022–23 and Application to Participate for 2024–25 Reporting Instructions and Additional Flexibilities Under the CARES Act – The Fiscal Operations Report for 2022–23 and Application to Participate for 2024–25 (FISAP) is now available on the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) website. Also, FSA Electronic Announcement ANN-23-05 provides details on a new self-paced, online training course to assist with completing the FISAP. This course reviews certain sections of the FISAP and discusses commonly made errors when completing the form. It is intended for financial aid and business office staff who are responsible for completing the FISAP, especially those who are new to completing the form.
Please contact us if you have questions or would like to discuss how these announcements apply to your institution.Sign up for e-news and alerts