New COVID-19 Resources for Nonprofits, Churches & Higher Ed
“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” – John 8:36
Visit capincrouse.com and click the COVID-19 banner for the latest resources. We’re updating the site continually as new information becomes available.
During this time of rapid change, each Thursday we will send a recap of the latest COVID-19 resources and information.
Here is what’s new this week:
- Get answers to common Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program questions. The EIDL program has reopened applications to qualified small and agricultural businesses after receiving more funding through congressional action. Tax Counsel Chris Purnell explains what funding is available, who is eligible to receive it, and how it can be used in this look at EIDL questions and answers.
- The House and Senate have passed a five-week extension of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). The extension would give small businesses and nonprofits until August 8, 2020 to apply for a PPP loan. President Trump is expected to sign it into law. Read more.
- Learn about additional funds available for higher education institutions. A portion of the CARES Act provided additional COVID-19 relief for higher education institutions through the Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE). Principal Christopher DuKate explains what your institution should know about accessing and using the funds.
- See how churches can thrive in crisis. While there are many unknowns about the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the global market at large, there are a few things related to churches that have become clear. Partner Stan Reiff talked with Nathan Artt of Ministry Solutions about some areas of hope for churches.
- Watch our latest “Insights” video. The economic downturn from the pandemic has forced difficult staffing decisions. In today’s episode of our “Insights” series for church leaders, Brent Smith discussed some key points employers should know about employee furloughs. Watch the video.
- Know that we’re here for you. As organizations navigate through the many challenges of the pandemic, we want to reassure you that CapinCrouse is working at full capacity and there are many options for how we can approach your audit work. Learn more.
As we head into the holiday weekend and celebrate our nation, we hope you have a blessed and relaxing Independence Day.
Contact us online or at [email protected] with questions or to discuss how we can serve you remotely.
Please forward this email to anyone who would find the information helpful and encourage them to sign up for our e-news.
We continue to offer our prayers for you, our nation, and the world during this difficult time. We are here to help.